Self - Service
The BCLS's catalog can be accessed from any internet connection by going to the library's website or directly to the catalog www.bartowlibrarycatalog.org . Patrons can look up their account from home and review what items they have checked out, renew items, place holds, request interlibrary loans and modify their contact information. You will need your Library Card number (which will be your User ID) and PIN to access most of these features.
If you do not know your PIN number, please ask at the information desk or call the library. You MUST have your library card number in order to obtain your PIN.
Patrons can check out their own items at the Cartersville Public Library and the Emmie Nelson Public Library by using a self checkout station found near the information desk or in the children's area. Renewals and payment of fines must be done at the information desk
- Scan your card by holding in front of the red scanning area on the left of the machine. Make sure your fingers are not covering the bar code.
- Touch the "Checkout" button to checkout or "View Account" to view your current checkouts, fines, and holds
- Place item in reading zone
- You can put up to 4 items, stacked two high, in the reading zone at one time.
- Touch OK on the screen after reading the message
- Touch "Start" to begin scanning items
- Items will be listed on the screen as they are scanned
- Each item will have a green check mark when it has properly scanned
- If an item has a red x or does not appear on the list, leave it on the reading area and after removing the other items touch "continue" to try again or touch "rescan" if no items scanned.
- If there continues to be a problem take your items to the information desk for help
- Replace scanned items with others and touch "continue" to scan more items
- When all items have scanned, touch "Finish" on the screen
- Choose if you want a receipt or not by touching the "yes" or "no" buttons.
- If you chose "yes" a receipt will print out on the right side of the machine. Please take the receipt with you; it lists the due dates for each item.