The Bartow County Public Library has programs and storytimes for children of all ages! Drop in for a fun morning or afternoon of stories and crafts!
Summer Reading Program
Registraton begins May 20th!
- Register for the reading program online and download a reading log and tracking sheet or visit any of our library branches to sign up and pick up reading log and tracking sheet. It's Free!
- Every time you read for 10 minutes, color in a square in order on your tracking sheet. When you finish a section, bring your reading log and tracking sheet to the library, get a sticker for your reading log and pick out a prize from our prize box!
- When you fill up all of the squares on your tracking sheet, come to the library and receive a reading certificate, a coupon for a free kids meal, pick out a free book from our book box and be entered into the grand prize drawing!
- Parents of infants and toddlers can still participate by doing any of the valuable literacy activities instead of tracking minutes read. All infants and toddlers will receive a book for doing 5 of the activities! An additional 5 activities will enter the child in the grand prize drawing.
- Return to the library by July 23rd to claim your prizes!
Summer Reading Kick Off- Diggery Digger's Dino Show
Join the Story Ship on a STEAM powered adventure back to the age of the dinosaurs!
- Cartersville- Thursday May 26th - 10:30am
- Adairsville- Thursday May 26th - 1:30pm
- Euharlee- Thursday May 26th - 4:30pm
Note: Baby Time and Storytimes at Cartersville, Adairsville, and Euharlee will resume the week of June 7th.
Rock and Rhyme Baby Time (Infants 18 months)
A perfect place to share stories, songs, finger plays and action rhymes with the littlest ones!
Wednesdays, 10 a.m. - Cartersville
Toddler Time (18 months 3 years)
Songs, stories and crafts for toddler-aged children.
Tuesdays, 10 a.m. Cartersville, Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m. Adairsville
Preschool Storytime (3 to 5 years)
Stories, craft and story fun for preschool children.
Tuesdays, 11 a.m. Cartersville
Afternoon Adventures (5 and up)
Story, art, craft and drama fun for school-age children.
Every Wednesday in the Summer, 3:30 p.m. Cartersville
Intersted in being a Big Buddy? Volunteer for Book Buddies.
Pair up with a big buddy to practice your reading skills and get a free book take home after each session! Book Buddies is open to children ages 4-9. To sign up visit or call the Children's Desk.
Upcoming Session: Will resume June 30th